UCC POSTGRAD IMAGE OF THE YEAR 2016
Competition Terms and Conditions
The closing date for entries for the next competition is midnight on January 8th 2016.
- This competition is open to UCC current/registered postgraduate students on part-time or full-time, taught and research courses for academic year 2015/2016.
- Each entry must be accompanied by one paragraph, no more than 150 words explaining the image.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted by via email to email@example.com Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be at least 72 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. Entrants should include a) name b) student number and c) email address.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the image for this competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to UCC Graduate Studies to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
- One entry allowed per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory.
- First prize is a €150 One4all voucher. Second prize is a €50 One4all voucher.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of UCC and accordingly UCC may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to UCC as a result thereof.