Have you started to think about your options for next year? Are you interested in pursuing a career in business, but do not have a business degree?
Our MSc. Management and Marketing programme may be what you are looking for.
This is a conversion Masters programme, designed for graduates with a non-business primary degree. Typically, our students come from a diverse range of academic backgrounds, including, but not confined to, Arts, Law, Science and Engineering. This programme is designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of contemporary management and marketing fields and to help students develop the skills required for a successful career in business.
Key features of this programme include:
- A five-month placement in a challenging business environment (over half of our students are offered full-time employment by their placement employers on graduating). There is also a dissertation module for students who do not wish to do the placement.
- Interactive one-day workshops and fieldtrips, giving you hands-on, practical experience
- A strong emphasis on personal development, team-work, effective presentation, and other communication, skills
- Integrated ‘real-world’ management and marketing project-work
- One-to-one personal coaching sessions with the placement officer to develop effective CVs and to prepare for placement and final job interviews
Where do graduates of this programme typically find employment?
Graduates are recruited by international companies across a number of different sectors. Companies that have taken graduates from this programme include: EMC, Apple, Nintendo, Certus, Amazon, AIB, Cadbury Bournville & The Musgrave Group (Centra and SuperValu), Aldi, Heineken, Paddy Power, along with many smaller indigenous companies. Former students have also secured prestigious graduate-ship programmes in management and marketing roles, and various jobs abroad.
Where can I find out more?
An open evening showcasing the programme will be held on Tuesday, November 17th from 6 – 7 p.m. in Boole 2. Employers, programme staff, graduates and current students will be speaking at the event. This is an excellent networking opportunity to learn more about this sought-after programme. Refreshments will be provided afterwards, when there will be an opportunity to chat with the various presenters and the programme directors.
If you cannot attend this event, but are interested in the programme, please go to http://www.ucc.ie/en/ckl22/, or contact one of the programme directors, Linda Murphy, or Mike Murphy, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the very high number of applicants for this programme, you should apply as early as possible. For full details on the application process and dates, please refer to the programme web-site (above). Details will also be given at the open evening.